My Geissler's Market
My Shopping List
Spinach Salad with Grapes and Pancetta
Courtesy of California Table Grape Commission
Serve With:Servings: 6
Crusty Italian bread.
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 c. red seedless grapes
+ 2 bunches (10 oz.) spinach leaves, washed and dried
+ 3 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
+ 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
+ 1/2 c. (4 oz.) pancetta or bacon
+ 1/4 c. pine nuts
+ 1/2 c. red onions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 medium onion)
+ 1/2 c. (2 oz.) Parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
What to do:
1. Place spinach in large bowl, set aside.
2. In small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In large sauté pan, cook pancetta over medium-high heat until almost crisp, about 5-7 minutes. Do not drain fat. Add pine nuts and cook, stirring constantly for about 1 minute. Add grapes and red onions; continue to cook for 1 minute. Add Balsamic dressing and bring to a boil, about 30 seconds.
4. Turn off heat and pour hot dressing over spinach. Toss quickly to coat leaves. Salad should be barely warm. Sprinkle with Parmesan shavings and serve.
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes.
Calories: 294; Calories From Fat: 76; Total Fat: 26g; Cholesterol: 19mg; Total Carbs: 10g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 8g; Sodium: 430mg;