My Geissler's Market
My Shopping List
Roasted Corn and Kiwifruit Salad
Courtesy of ZESPRI™ Kiwifruit
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 8 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3-4 kiwifruit
+ 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 1 1/2 c. whole kernel corn, fresh or frozen
+ 1 small red onion
+ 1 sweet red bell pepper seeded and diced
+ 1 fresh chili pepper, seeded and diced
+ 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
+ 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
+ 1 c. cooked and drained cannellini or pinto beans
What to do:
1. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 min. until browned. Place corn in a large bowl.
2. Rinse the onion in icy water to remove any pungent flavors; slice.
3. Slice kiwis into halves and spoon fruit out into 1" chunks.
4. Gently combine all the ingredients and serve.
* This salad complements grilled pork tenderloin or grilled steaks.
For more recipes and kiwifruit information, please visit www.zesprikiwi.com