My Geissler's Market
My Shopping List
Hot and Spicy Pork Ribs
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Serve With:Servings: 3
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 2 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2-3 lb. pork niblets, spareribs or country-style ribs
+ 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
+ 1 medium onion, finely chopped
+ 2 cloves garlic, minced
+ 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
+ 2/3 c. cider vinegar
+ 2/3 c. firmly-packed brown sugar
+ 2 Tbsp. chili powder
+ 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
+ 1/2 tsp. pepper
What to do:
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender.
2. Add remaining ingredients, except niblets, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place pork on grill, about 6" above low coals, or over indirect heat (banked coals). Close grill hood.
4. Cook for 90 minutes and then begin basting with sauce every 10 min., for 30 more min. Remove ribs from grill and serve, cutting into serving-size portions. If desired, serve any remaining sauce on the side, bringing it to a boil and boiling gently for 5 min.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Zinfandel, Merlot, Beaujolais