My Geissler's Market
My Shopping List
Courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood & Aquaculture
Serve With:Servings: 6
Serve with crusty bread and a crisp light wine such as a riesling or pinot grigio.
Prep Time: 25 Min.
Cook Time: 1 1/2 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 lb. cooked Florida spiny lobster meat
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 1 medium Florida onion, finely chopped
+ 1 rib Florida celery, finely chopped
+ 1 Florida carrot, finely chopped
+ 1 Florida tomato, finely chopped
+ 6 cloves Florida garlic, chopped
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh Florida tarragon leaves, chopped
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh Florida thyme leaves, chopped
+ 1 bay leaf
+ 8 black peppercorns
+ 1/2 c. brandy
+ 1/2 c. dry sherry
+ 4 c. fish stock or bottled clam juice
+ 1/4 c. tomato paste
+ 1/2 c. heavy cream
+ 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
+ 2 Tbsp. water
+ salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
1. Slice cooked lobster meat into medallions, reserving a few slices for garnish. Coarsely chop remaining medallions. Cover and keep in refrigerator.
2. In a 6-quart stock pot, sauté the vegetables, garlic, herbs, and peppercorns in oil over medium high heat until soft.
3. Add brandy and sherry; simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the fish stock and simmer uncovered for 1 hr, stirring occasionally.
4. Strain the stock into a large saucepan; discard remaining solids. Add tomato paste and simmer for 10 min. until stock is reduced to 3 c. of liquid. Stir in cream and simmer for additional 5 min.
5. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl and whisk into bisque. Simmer for 2 min, stirring, until slightly thickened.
6. Add chopped lobster meat and simmer until lobster meat is heated through. Add salt and pepper. Serve garnished with reserved lobster medallions.
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture Marketing
Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc
Calories: 345; Calories From Fat: 125; Cholesterol: 111mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Protein: 26g;