My Geissler's Market
My Shopping List
Grilled T-Bone Steak for Two with Coffee Sauce
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. beef T-bone steak, cut 1-in. thick
+ 1 tsp. steak seasoning
+ 1/2 c. strong brewed coffee
+ 1-1/2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
+ 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
+ 1-1/2 tsp. cornstarch
+ 1 tsp. smoked paprika
+ 1 Tbsp. butter
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/8 tsp pepper
What to do:
1. Combine coffee, brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and paprika in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 4-5 min. until sauce is thickened and reduced by about half, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in butter, salt and pepper; keep warm until ready to use.
3. Press steak seasoning evenly onto beef steak. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 14 to 16 min. (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 15 to 19 min.) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally
4. Remove bone; carve steak crosswise into slices. Serve with Coffee Sauce.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese
Calories: 324; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 76mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 718mg;