My Geissler's Market
My Shopping List
Flat Iron Steaks with Grilled Corn and Cumin-Lime Butter
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
Chill Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 beef shoulder top blade (Flat Iron) steaks (about 8-oz. ea.)
+ 6 ears fresh sweet corn, in husks
+ 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
+ 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
+ lime wedges
+ salt and ground black pepper
+ 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
+ 3 large clove garlic, minced
+ 2 tsp. brown sugar
+ 1/2 tsp. freshly grated lime peel
+ 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
What to do:
1. Pull back husks from corn, leaving husks attached. Remove and discard corn silk. Bring husks back up around corn; tie in place with kitchen string or strips of corn husk. Soak corn in cold water 30 min. or up to several hours.
2. Combine rub ingredients. For Cumin-Lime Butter, combine 2 tsp. rub mixture, butter and lime juice in small bowl; set aside. Press remaining rub evenly onto beef steaks. Cover and refrigerate steaks 30 min.
3. Remove corn from water. Place on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill, covered, 20 to 30 min. or until tender, turning occasionally.
4. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 min. for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
5. Remove and discard husks from corn. Carve the 2 steaks into slices. Squeeze lime wedges over beef, as desired. Spread Cumin-Lime Butter over 4 ears corn. Season beef and corn with salt and black pepper, as desired.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 333; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 86mg; Total Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 25g; Sodium: 84mg;