My Geissler's Market
My Shopping List
Nutty Chocolate Caramel Corn Clusters
Courtesy of The Popcorn Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 40 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 qt. popped popcorn
+ 1 c. marcona almonds, whole almonds or peanuts
+ 1 (12 oz.) pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
+ 1 c. light corn syrup
+ 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Line a large, rimmed baking pan (17x 12 ™in.) with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
3. Spray a large mixing bowl (not plastic) with cooking spray and add popcorn and nuts; set aside.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate morsels, corn syrup and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Pour over popcorn; toss well to coat.
5. Spread in an even layer into prepared baking pan. Bake in preheated oven 40 min., stirring every 10 min.
6. Cool completely in pan. Break into pieces; store in an airtight container.